Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010


Last week I dyed some roving for myself, it was nothing to look at really. I kept most of its natural colour and added blues, golden yellows and touches of orange. I haven't spun for about a year, my wheels have been sitting gathering dust.

I had 180g of roving and spun 2 large bobbins worth of thinnish singles and plied them together. Here's what I got:

 180g approx - 300mtrs of worsted weight (approx) yarn.

I like the way the colours play on each other, the yarn is so soft and silky and it could easily be worn next to the skin. I just have to decide what I am going to knit with it.

I had got the spinning bug so I finished off spinning some Ashford's merino silk fibre I have had for ages, it was making me feel guilty that half filled bobbin.  I spun this thinner and then navajo plied it. I was really impressed with the results. Photograph to follow - it's still drying at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment