Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2016

October Already

Where on earth does the time go? I can't believe I haven't posted anything since July!

It's been a very busy few months ~ I went away on holiday to Sydney, came home for a week then off to Dunedin for a visit. In between I've been working, knitting a wee bit and gardening (lots to do outside the garden is looking a little jungle-esque right now).

Sadly I haven't managed to get any spinning done for a long time but I did get some good news, I entered an item in the National Alpaca Exhibition and found out today that I won an award! It was the natural circular lace cardigan that I entered into the Creative Fibre National Exhibition last year. I went down to see the exhibition after work today, there was some absolutely stunning work on display.




This was my home grown alpaca from my wee boy Saturn that I washed and hand combed, then spun into a 2 ply lace weight yarn. I then knitted the lace patterned circular cardigan.





























Here's a view of the back of the cardigan:
H




And a close up of the samples I submitted along with my rosette:


I put a lot of work into this garment and it's nice to finally get the recognition for that ~ I'm feeling a little bit pleased with myself today!






























No comments:

Post a Comment