Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vogue Knitting....much too many temptations.

Today my latest issue of Vogue Knitting arrived, the early fall issue. I should not have opened the package because I spied this:



My Ishbel was immediately cast aside into a hiding place. I've had this yarn for a few years, it's Alpaca with a Twist Fino in Royal Velvet - I've been looking for a nice pattern for a long time and now I've finally found it!

The issue has quite a few projects that I would really like to make. There are some gorgeous cardigans.








I had exciting news from Belinda (Blendy) that her sock book launch will be at the Dux De Lux in Christchurch on the 21st August, 12.30-2.30. I'm really looking forward to this, I'm currently dyeing new sock yarn skeins for the event and I have some new yarn bases too.

I will be at the Christchurch event but not at the other events in the North Island although I am going to be sending some yarns up to Belinda to take along to the launches.

The book is available for pre-order and the details are on Belinda's website: www.blendy.co.nz.

My yarn that's featured in the book is the colourway that I dyed for the 2nd New Zealand sampler box - Metallic Plum.

Here are the socks that were knit with my yarn, I think they look really great:

No comments:

Post a Comment